Spend the day with veteran guide Pat Dorsey on the fabled South Platte River near Deckers to learn the nuances of catching trout during the winter. Dorsey will begin the day with a discussion on fly selection and how to rig your rod. Then he smoothly transitions into seasonal strategies (where to find trout during the winter), followed by learning the tactics and techniques to consistently fool trout between mid-November and mid-March. For the remainder of the day, Dorsey will help each student refine their skills.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cost: $125.00 per person
- This class is limited to 3 anglers per day.
- This class does not include: guide gratuity, lunch, flies, or a leaders
- Dec 21: Two spots available
- Jan 5: Filled
- Jan 7: Three spots available
- Jan 12: One spot available
- Jan 26: Three spots available
- Jan 28: Three spots available
- Feb 9: Three spots available
- Feb 11: Three spots available
- Feb 17: Three spots available
From now through March 15, 2015, we are offering a 6-hour guided trip on the South Platte River at Deckers or in Cheesman Canyon. This is a great opportunity to refine your nymphing skills with the possibility of catching a rising trout on a tiny dry fly. Let one of our vetran guides show you how to find trout in the winter, how to sight fish, how to choose the appropriate flies, and most importantly, learn how to execute the correct tactics and techniques to catch trout during the winter.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. almost any date you choose
- Cost: $295.00 for one or two anglers.
- Cost: $395.00 for three anglers
- Trip includes waders, fly rod, flies, and a streamside lunch.
- Trip does not include transportation, or guide gratuity.